Famously Free n Almost Always Radically Ridiculous

The blog of a 20 year old Christ-Follower from Glasgow, Scotland!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Callum:

On Saturday after football I got a call from my best friend Craig. He told me that a guy form his course at Uni, Callum, had been killed by a train early on Friday morning. Craig and Callum had become really close since the start of the year and for the first time in our 6year friendship I heard Craig was crying/sobbing.

It appears Callum, after a night out and saying bye to people, was walking along some tracks was hit by a goods train. Although I only met him several times he was a great guy, full of life and only 18 with his whole life in front of him.


If your the praying type then it would be great if you could ask for Craig, the others who where out with him and Callums parents/family to have time to grieve and that they would feel the peace and comfort that God can give. Also If you could pray for me as I seem to have been quite hit by the whole thing.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about this. Praying for you and all those affected by Callum's tragic death.

4:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need to talk give me a call and we will make it happen you know the number.

11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a member of a football forum that Cal was admin of, and we hadnt heard from him in a fortnight, so I went on my hunch and checked the Daily Record site, and sadly I found out what happened. He was a well respected member on the forums, and a great person to have a chat with. Members on the forums are distraught and in dibelief. We are compiling a book of condolences, and ideally it would be nice if I could pass it on to someone going to the funeral on Friday. My email is: 3machs24@solent.ac.uk

Please can someone send me an email if they would like to accept the book of condolences.

RIP, Cal,

Steve (MM)

2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home