Famously Free n Almost Always Radically Ridiculous

The blog of a 20 year old Christ-Follower from Glasgow, Scotland!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The last few weeks I've sadly been to busy to blog bout a lot of things so here is a short little bit of each! (Sorry if there are too many moans and "I", it is witten quickly!)


Are you man enough?

Burger King have launched the "double" and "triple" whopper meals. (see an advert here, for triple) I love to eat and normally I can finish most things and still be hungry but after this monster there wasn't much room left!

The Triple whooper has according to this site 1260 cals, excluding drink and chips! The Recommend Daily Allowance for a fully grown man is around 2200 cals! and today (Wednesday) I had the pleasure of eating one. Now this is a proper meal!!

I also LOVE the double advert (which I cannot find of the Internet anywhere)


DR GOOGLE!

As many of you will know google has been buying everything online! Absolutely everything! (Just follow this link to see the REAMS of thing which the massive company now owns.) There reach now stretches so much that to use the latest version of blogger (the blog site I use) I was forced to sign up for a google account! This a CLEAR sign that google is in fact going to take over the world! Mark my words!

Borat:

Also on Wednesday one went to see Borat. From all the reviews I was expecting the most amazing film ever, I was sadly disappointed!

Although the film had many funny parts I cannot help but suspect large portions where scripted. Also it seemed quite empty I can't make out quite why. It was fantastic to see someone not scared to be non PC though and had a number of things which I thought "you can't get away with that"

Borat is a good film and I advise you to see it!



Football, Glasgow CU vs Strathclyde CU

On Wednesday night the great rivals took to a very wet football pitch to play the glorious game. Glasgow where clearly a stronger team and it took Strathclyde a while to get more organised. I'm told Glasgow train and play regularly which showed in the scoreline, 5-0. St Silas' own Darren Jackson played for Glasgow and put in a good shift for his team!!! Thank god there where no injuries!

The evening didn't improve for me as all the trains where cancelled when I arrived at the station. Praise the Lord because my mum was able to come pick me up at almost midnight. Thanks to her!!!



Mission:

This evening (Thursday) the Strathclyde CU had UCCF people talking about "Short Term Mission". This is basically going for a short time and helping out in a massive variety of different ways around Scotland and the world. My parents recently suggested going to help in the mission which St Silas church is helping to sponsor. (I sadly cannot remember the county and cannot find GadgetVicars Blog on it.) Which got me thinking and after this talk feel I need to spend time prayerfully considering doing something along these lines.




Stressed

The past few weeks I have been extremely stressed with various university essays, exams and tutorials and a number of commitments (almost all christian related) bearing down on me. Much of this is my own fault for taking on too much and also I'm very aware of how much more work others do that I. Yet it is proving very difficult to make time for my non-Christan friends which is such a shame on many levels. Also finding alone time to spend with God is becoming increasingly difficult. This is a problem because its even harder to try to "listen" to where god is guiding me. The above mini blog about the mission is just one of a couple longer term things which need to have decisions made about them.

So if your the praying type could you pray that God would continue to teach me discernment and therefore I could make more time to do the things which matter to me and him. Also that God would give me mind space and concentration for him and studies. And finally that he would give me rest bite from the work load! (and a few others but I feel like I'm saying "I" too much and also moaning too much!)


Radiohead:

As many of you undoubtly know Radiohead are one of the greatest bands on earth! The album "OK Computer" has been voted no.1 ablum on poll after poll and after a 6month break a passion for there music has reimerged from my soul.

The music seems to stike a chord with many people. Oh how I wish I could write music like that!

(wants to write more but needs to go)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger DramaQueen said...

bowrat wasnt good i disagree completley lol i went to see it with olly and im surprised it wasnt banned! its the most sexist raceist biggatist movie ive seen and soo full of guy humour instead of laughing i kinda went ohh dear when it was "funny" i shake my head at this movie :P

4:32 pm  
Blogger Valley Boy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:35 pm  
Blogger Valley Boy said...

Radiohead? Would your favourite be Creep?!

Burger King - proper meal? You should watch Supersize Me and think about what you have just put in your body...

Sign up that guy who scored all the goals - do it now!

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home