Famously Free n Almost Always Radically Ridiculous

The blog of a 20 year old Christ-Follower from Glasgow, Scotland!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Exams are over and time to relax, or so I thought

I find it amazing that when life calms down so does my walk with God. It's hard to explain to most non-Christians (and some Christians), you would think that when life is going well then it is a good thing but quite often it's not. This weekend has been a laugh with mates, staying out late, having some beer and even having some good conversations about God. The problem is I don't really need God to do that, or at least it doesn't really push me and cause me to think about it loads. This is when the Devil sees his chance and finds it easy to slip under the radar. Just in the little ways e.g. I stop talking to God so much, or reading the bible isn't quite so important cos, well, I've got all day.

You will have heard this quote before:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn’t exist.” — Baudelaire.

Sometimes fighting on the front line is unbelievable tiring, in the quiet times it is so easy to fall asleep, or decide you need a rest, then the enemy can slip in undetected. I love this verse...

"A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity." Proverbs 17:17

I guess the only way to rest is if you have your fellow soldiers watching the line for you, when danger is so close yet one can get a little shut eye before the next assault. We all need to find people who will do that for us, and us for them, sooner rather than later, hope you have yours.



PS. I need to mention in my blog someone, they know who they are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre speaking from my heart :)
love this post :))

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home