Famously Free n Almost Always Radically Ridiculous

The blog of a 20 year old Christ-Follower from Glasgow, Scotland!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Half Truths and down right lie

This weeks Crusaders was about the bible. As I was preparing to talk on the subject I was reminded about one of my primary teachers who told the class that we couldn't completely believe the bible to be true. Why? because over the years people would have told the stories differently so what we read probably wasn't true.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH!!!!

It wasn't until I as about 14/15 that I understood how wrong this is*. Though now all my fellow class mates will most probably believe that the bible can't be trusted, worrying.

Also people think the bible as a load of dos and don't s which is sort of true though the reason the bible is written like that is because God created us and knows the best way to live. So peoples ideas about the bible are marred by a half truth.

Being an adult with Children and other uninformed people is such an awesome responsibility. I pray that anyone who reads this will make sure they tell the truth to impressionable people!!!


* The bible we read today is almost no different from the original manuscripts which date back to around 100AD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home