Famously Free n Almost Always Radically Ridiculous

The blog of a 20 year old Christ-Follower from Glasgow, Scotland!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Long Time No Blog

Back to blog for the first time in months, sorry to those who have been checking. The lack of blogging has been due to life being hard of late, had a difficult summer with various things which shouldn't be discussed on the Internet. Yet the King has been faithful, despite me not being so much, and has really changed me, made me stronger. Its honestly been a good experience and one which I will face again given the choice. For a long time I'd been praying for God to open my mind, challenge and change me, the only problem was I wasn't aware just how painful it had to be.

A word of warning, be careful what you pray for!

Few weeks ago the Strathclyde University Christian Union (yup, I'm still at uni) went away for the weekend and we studied the book of James. Its a quality book, have a read! One of the bits which especially stood out for me was James 1:2-8

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.


Thank God I pray he brings on the challenges.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Jack said...

Glad to see you back in blog-land:-).

3:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yet the King has been faithful, despite me not being so much, and has really changed me, made me stronger."
:) i had to smile when i read this... halleluja!! :)

12:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home